Freitag, 10. Juni 2011

Orly Goth with some Confetti

Orly Goth is one of the first polishes I received in a swap. I first got it as a mini version but then decided to go for the big bottle. It looks divine in the bottle- black jelly with silver glass flecks and glitter. Sadly, through the opacity of the polish (almost a one coater!) the glitter isn't as visible. Like most underwhelming manicures, I search (or should I say dig because I sometimes have to dig a bit through my stash to find something or just randomly pick a polish if I feel really lazy) for a sheer polish I can layer over. So I dug out Streetwear Confetti, a mulit-colored hex-glitter topcoat with silver bar glitter.
And even after adding Confetti, I was still not happy with my manicure :(. Oh well, let's look at the pictures:

Orly Goth is einer der ersten Lacke, den ich in einem Tauschgeschäft bekommen hab. Ich hab zuerst die Mini-Flasche bekommen, aber vor kurzem mir die große Flasche gekauft. Er schaut wirklich toll in der Flasche aus- ein schwarzer Jelly Lack mit silbernen Glassflecken und Glitzer. Deshalb ist es wirklich schade, dass wegen der Deckkraft (er deckte mit fast einer Schicht!) der Glitzer nicht so sichtbar wie in der Flasche ist. 
Also suchte ich nach einem durchsichtigen Lack, der das ganze etwas interessanter zu machen. Ich musste etwas "graben", bis ich einen Lack gefunden hab, um ihn drüberzupinseln. Im Endeffekt ist es Streetwear Confetti geworden, ein Glitter Lack mit verschiedenfarbigen Fünfecken und silbernen Rechtecken.
Aber selbst nachdem ich Confetti draufgepinselt hab, war ich noch immer recht unzufrieden damit :( 

2 Kommentare:

  1. Not a fan of Orly Goth at all for the same reasons you said - looks better in the bottle than it is on the nail. It was an easy one to delete out of my stash and donate to women's shelter along with a few other polishes & some clothing that was going there.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes :) and thanks for the tipp for the donation- I think I might look into that if I have something similar around here :)

      Löschen